To Independence and Bee-Yond - University of Salford Occupational Therapy 2020
Time + Location
About the Event
Our student organised conference is going to be exciting, so get your free ticket booked ASAP. The conference is for occupational therapy practitioners working in and around Greater Manchester (or further afield) and students. A day full of workshops, seminars and keynotes, showcasing and promoting occupational therapy in a variety of health and social care environments. Topics include:
- Social Prescribing
- The use of MOH
- Emerging roles in community rehabilitation
- Adaptations without delay
- Occupational therapy and loneliness
- Development of an assistive technology library
- New guidance on walking frame assessment and prescription
- Occupational Therapy within the field of gynaecology and obstetrics
- The use of humour in occupational therapy
- Sensory Integration and Sensory Processing
- Maintaining Resilience in the Workplace
- Seating and Postural Management
- Managing behaviour through safe spaces
- Using yoga and mindfulness to inform occupational therapy interventions for individuals with Autism
There will also be a product and equipment exhibition area and poster presentation space and a free lunch!
Our welcome keynote will be at 9:45 and our plenary talk at 15:30. You are welcome to arrive for registration from 9am. This conference is free and includes lunch, tea and coffee, so don’t miss out!
Click here for a map of the University Campus. Please note that parking is charged at £4.20 a day and, as with all universities, parking can be limited at peak times of the day.